Recorded delivery adequate for sending will to probate office?
Robert
2004-06-21 13:50:07 UTC
Is recorded delivery (now called "signed for" I think) considered
secure enough for sending an original will to the probate office?

If not, what method is reccommended for someone applying for probate
without the help of a solicitor?

Thanks

Robert
Pet Lover
2004-06-21 15:25:11 UTC
Post by Robert
Is recorded delivery (now called "signed for" I think) considered
secure enough for sending an original will to the probate office?
If not, what method is reccommended for someone applying for probate
without the help of a solicitor?
Thanks
Robert
If you are concerned about loss either use a company like FedEx or hand
deliver it and get a receipt - do take copies though and it might be helpful
to get them certified before you send off the original
Robert
2004-06-22 10:15:06 UTC
Post by Pet Lover
Post by Robert
Is recorded delivery (now called "signed for" I think) considered
secure enough for sending an original will to the probate office?
If not, what method is reccommended for someone applying for probate
without the help of a solicitor?
Thanks
Robert
If you are concerned about loss either use a company like FedEx or hand
deliver it and get a receipt - do take copies though and it might be helpful
to get them certified before you send off the original
A good point, and I have a certified copy already. What I am not sure
about is how much difficulty there would be if the original will were
lost. If the probate office would accept the certified copy then I
would be happy to risk recorded delivery or registered post.

thank you to those who responded.

Robert
Peter Crosland
2004-06-21 16:05:06 UTC
Send it Special Delivery that offers compensation.
--
gee six jay en ***@spamcop.net

Replace the words with the numbers to email me
Robert
Alasdair Baxter
2004-06-22 10:40:10 UTC
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:05:06 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
Post by Peter Crosland
Send it Special Delivery that offers compensation.
Somehow, I don't think Royal Mail would compensate fully for the loss
of an inheritance!

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"
Robert
2004-06-22 15:35:06 UTC
Post by Peter Crosland
Send it Special Delivery that offers compensation.
Somehow, I don't think Royal Mail would compensate fully for the loss
of an inheritance!
Well, of course, an inheritance might be quite small :-(

Peter Crosland
2004-06-22 20:00:13 UTC
Post by Alasdair Baxter
Somehow, I don't think Royal Mail would compensate fully for the loss
of an inheritance!
You miss the point! If you get certified copies then it can still cost money
do get sorted out. In any case the loss of SD packets is very very small.
Julie Brandon
2004-06-22 20:35:07 UTC
Post by Robert
Is recorded delivery (now called "signed for" I think) considered
secure enough for sending an original will to the probate office?
It may be worth keeping in mind that recorded delivery items go in with the
normal first class post, and are subject to similar rates of being lost in
the post! Special Delivery, however, is handled differently, and in my
experience practically never gets lost (whereas I find I get more things
lost that are sent via recorded than just regular 1st class post for some
reason!)
--
Julie Brandon http://www.computergeeks.co.uk/
WEBPAGE: 19th June 2004- Near Infra-Red Photographs